Transmission Head Snap/****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
troubled said:
Although we experience this problem, we also have episodes of no power. It appears that the car is in the wrong gear off the line or on an incline. Only happens about 50% of the time. I have had it reprogrammed twice. The headjerk is minimized but the "stall" is worse. Dealer tells me that LR is aware of the problem but does not have a solution since the patch is not working.

The car has become a potential hazard when pulling out in traffic.

Does anyone else have this problem as well?

Not sure if this is what you experienced, but I had a couple of instances where there was absolutely no power. I'm talking pedal to the floor and going about 2mph. Also disappeared after the update.

Z

zdas04

roverdawg,
I've been just ignoring it this week and the truck drives about the same with the message or without it. When I first started getting it I pulled over and tried everything I could think of. Now a few weeks later I just ignore it. It is pretty scary to start ignoring warnings (I had a "check engine" light for about 5,000 miles that I finally just got used to)--one of these days I'll get a red "the car is imploding in 5 seconds" kind of message and I'll ignore that one at my peril.

David

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverman said:
It has to be that this software fix is the reason my V8 loaner felt so much slower than mine before the fix - because now mine feels the same way.
Sport mode definitely fixes the sluggishness. Although in either mode it is a far cry from being a 'hazard' pulling out into traffic. I can't recall it ever jerking in sport mode either.

Only 1 clunk since the fix...pretty good.

FWIW I drive 90% of the time in Sport mode. The **** was a regular occurance for me in either mode. Not so with the fix. Just letting you know that my results varied...good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635