Twin Choke Weber On 2 1/4 Petrol Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

putput

Hi all,ive got a series 3 swb 1972 2 1/4 petrol and have been looking to power it up a bit,ive looked at engine conversions which can be quite costly. Ive got an inlet manifold(HRC1258) and outlet(HRC1655) from a 2.5 90 i think, the inlet has the two holes for the twin choke carb.Ive been told that these manifolds will bolt straight onto the 2 1/4 engine,if so, would the twin choke webber (ETC7144) fit the manifold,if so i will go ahead and buy one. I was thinking of putting a bigger bore exhaust on aswell.
If this set up is possible would everything run ok,would there be an increase in power and top speed,would there be any pit falls.
Thanks for reading,replys would be very much appreciated.
Cheers,George.:smile:

wally.aussie

Reaction score
gday george
i have a 2 1/4 petrol in my series 2, i run a weber carby, and extractors, with a 2 1/2 inch exhaust, i have had no problems with haveing to retune the carby since i've put it on, and it runs like a startle'ed gazzell. i cruise on the hwy at 65 to 70 mph, and it sits on it all day with no problems. the twin choke carbys are too big for the 2 1/4 eng. i still run the original manifold as the single choke carby bolts staight on with minor adjustments to the throttle linkage, just have to make sure that you get full throttle. cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72