U0402 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I need some last minute advise.
My 2013 LR4 will be out of Warranty in 10 days. ( 42,000 miles driven on and off road)
I do OBD2 scan quite regularly and today I received this message:
U0402 Invalid Data Received From TCM
Did anyone experience this?
The car drives fine otherwise.
I think that transmission had some rough shifts sometimes.
Last time I had my LR4 at the dealership I mentioned this but of course they were unable to pull any codes so they said it was fine.
I am dropping the car for it's last service under warranty tomorrow morning and would like to know what is wrong and what fix to apply when talking to my service advisor.
In the past I had to replace active rear loking diff.solenoid. and if not the forum members who described the problem in its early stages LAND rover techs would never catch it. BTW they were very reluctant to diagnose and fix the problem . thanks to all the information I got on this forum I was able to make reasonable arguments and have it fixed., but this would be a topik for another story.
I would appreciate as much info as possible so when I talk to the service advisor in the morning I will be armed with good knowledge.
Anyway wish me good luck.
I am still 10 days under original warranty. ( no extended warranty).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99