Upcoming Brake Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mge_1

joey said:
Rotors, (disks) usually last at least 3 or more pad changes depending on how bad the pads get or if they get warped.

Pads will depend alot on driving style and if city or highway use. Lots of hard stops, or stop and go traffic will **** rover pads due to the size and weight of the vehicle.

When I say size and weight, please keep in mind that so far I haven't seen a rover (haven't looked and 05 and newer stuff) that has enough brakes for the size of the vehicle.

ya i think my rotors are still in good shape. i might just change my pads this weekend.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
i was wondering in changing the pads does one have to replace any seals or do you just pop out the old pads and put the new ones in? one other thing, since i will be replacing the rear caliper do i need a new piston or can i just put the old piston in the new caliper?

Last edited:
M

mge_1

Replacing the front pads tomorrow. I hope its a simple thing. I went with the regular replacements from Advance Auto. We hardly go real offroading with our disco so we'll see how long it lasts.

M

mge_1

Front pads replaced. Very easy. But I almost punched myself last night. I needed the rear pads done too hehe. Now going to do it all over again tomorrow.

C

camper

Good idea to dump the brake fluid out of the calibers when you push the piston back into the brake caliber. Keep the res full.
C

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM