Very strange starting problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dfarnham

I have a very strange starting problem. I have a 1988 Range Rover classic that I keep outside. I live in New Hampshire and have a problem that just started happening a couple of months ago. When the sun is on the car and it is fairly warm the car starts without an issue and runs fine. When the sun is not out and it is cooler the car won't start and acts like it is not getting fuel. Any ideas? Fuel filter?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuel temp sensor might be the issue

BELLROVER

Reaction score
it sounds like you have rust in the fuel rail or your pump is not maintaining pressure

healey1006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really impossible to give you a definitive answer based on the information you've given. Get yourself a can of starting fluid and the next time you have the problem spray a little into your intake. If the car starts and then dies, you know it's a fuel issue. If it doesn't start, then it's an ignition issue. This will then tell you what system to focus your troubleshooting efforts on.

W

warrenwluke

I have a similar problem. My understanding is it's a cold start valve.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM