voice recognition issues with 06 LR3 w/o Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
My voice recognition just doesnt work. It wont understand my commands, and just says sorry in the male UK voice until it cancels the command. Any ideas? I am going to try and talk towards teh mike (lower right of steering wheel), but any other tips? Also, how do I change teh voice to the UK Female?

victorhess

Reaction score
Luckily, when I bought mine used, it came with a navigation/phone manual that lists all the applicable commands. If you still need to, just email me and I can send them to you.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
So I have all the copies of the manuals..the problem is that the commands just dont work. I think its just faulty...

victorhess

Reaction score
Might be. I've only had mine a few weeks. I had an issue last week where the voice command switch on the steering wheel didn't have any volume at all and when I shut the engine of and restarted the truck it worked again......I'm getting used to British electronics! Best of luck.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
its weird...no matter what I say, it either replies with a "Sorry" or command canceled..so it hears me, just doesnt understand me. My understanding is that the mic is to the right of the steering wheel, so I even tried aiming my voice there, changing my cadence, etc...nothing

dbell

Reaction score
I just purchased a used 07 LR3 HSE and also have the exact same problem. I am using the proper commands, but it just says "Sorry".

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can actually change the settings so that the system is looking for a male/female voice. That may be the issue. Also you need to make sure that there is no background noise when you speak to it.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be patient with the lady

Mine does understand me, but not always. I find I best use the exact LR recommended voice commands. I often have to repeat. I think it learns however as commands I often use, it seems to understand OK, but new commands, what a struggle.

Also exasperation, yelling, foul language and the like are not tolerated either.

It's a Land Rover first so be patient with her.

The various voices are accessed thru the NAV, at least on my 3. I like the UK female - very BBC, could be Sally.

And yes, windows all rolled up and low speed at least when starting up a new conversation. Best you do the teaching when parked and have lots of time. I find waiting for my wife at the store while she shops is a good time.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can actually change the settings so that the system is looking for a male/female voice. That may be the issue. Also you need to make sure that there is no background noise when you speak to it.

Are you sure about this? Do you know how to change it? I also have problems with my voice control (so I never use it), but it could be that this was a woman's car previously and has adapted to "learn" her voice. Does anybody know how to reset the voice control learning (wipe the data)?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I am sure. ...and it's not an "adaptation" it is a discrete setting. I would have to consult the manual on how to. Now, that is the case with a NAV-equipped LR3 and the settings would be through the touch-screen. Not sure on yours...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boye1