Vortex Generator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

neytas2000

Anyone heard of a Vortex Generator.
It is a device that is laser cut from Stainless Steel and inserts into the intake tube. It is a 1 piece Stainless Steel insert with no moving parts, no wires and no power needed. It holds itself in place (no modifications to your vehicle necessary) and is designed to create a vortex (spiraling funnel of air) inside your intake tube allowing the air to travel faster to your motor. They claim that a stationary vortex generator greatly increases an engines airflow and fuel atomization for more horsepower (up to 20%) and better fuel efficiency (up to 35% increase). The idea is simple, spiraling air moves with greater velocity and efficiency through a cars intake tract. More air=More power. Additionally the spiraling air atomizes the fuel better allowing for more complete combustion. Your cars computer reads the changes and compensates by eliminating excess fuel delivery, resulting in better fuel efficiency. Also, believe it or not, vehicles with Auto Trans will shift smoother than ever

I have attached a picture too. Thoughts? Comments? This one was abuot $18 on ebay - any engineers out there? Your comments are important

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 193
S

schafari

Complete gimmik. Actually, consumers were getting duped into these things so much, that Popular Mechanics IIRC, did a scientific test on a bunch of things like this. They indicated that there was not a single measurable difference or benefit. However, they did notice some measurable reductions and negatives.

Don't fall for it, it does not work. I could go into many of the technical reasons, but lack the time. Suffice to say, if an $18 gimmik could magically improve HP, MPG, or other items, don't you think the auto engineers that spend millions in development would build it in, or at least offer it as a performance add on? If it spins the air, it has to go after the filter, as the filter will change the air flow anyhow. Power gains can be had by increaseing amount of incoming air. People seek out mm of gain in airflow via increasiing diameter of throttle body, etc. Putting a device in the air intake takes up space. Completely counter to adding more power, etc.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's too good to be true, it's not true. :) There are plenty of other bogus products, too. Search around eBay.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized that the ***** pump I ordered might be a fake...

S

schafari

Nope, mine is working right now. . . Gotta go I ah. . . Oh, to late.

J

jm_hardy3

bought one didn't do sh*@!, they souldnt sell those to peple w/ access to electronic consumption monitering

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got suckered into buying one years ago.

It doesn't work.

The vortex that is;)

I threw it out with the ad shocker.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99