Want the full LR3 experience... suggestions!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles123

Reaction score
2nd post! Love all the passionate owners here and help offered. What a great forum.
I'm looking for ideas on how to fully get the best out of my new purchase:
Land Rover - 2009 LR3 HSE - Black.

I live in Long Island, NY.
First on my list... I'm looking for some beach locations for my new ride! Where do you guys go? Preferably LI. But I'll travel anywhere in the tri-state for a good time....
I want to bring my girlfriend and maybe some of her hot friends!....... Know of a good location, especially in LI, and maybe I'll introduce....! :biggrin:

Also.....I've purchased the tow hitch and I'm looking for a bike rack. Which do you have?
Land Rover's is pretty expensive. Is it worth it? If so, what site has a good price?

Off-roading is definitely something I want to do. NY area locations? Must have parts/accessories?

All info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Charlie

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some tires and some armor, then you're really in business.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Charlie, and welome to the LR community.
Find the closest club to your location and start doing trail runs. Trail time is the thing
that will give you great experiences with your LR3.

Last edited:

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riding at Fire Island is nice but make sure you have proper permit and min state required equipment when u r on the beach. other place to put the D3 to test... Pine Barren or Rausch Creek. go to http://nelrc.iftopic.com/... they have two outing coming soon and I'm taking my D3 w/ me again..

off roading is fun, as long as you dont care about the body getting scratch by tress and bushes..

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for some good sand rides, I would recommend the Nitto Dune Grapplers. 265/70 are good with the rod lift. I'm running Johnson Rods. I've had absolutely no issues with them. You shouldn't really have to do too many mechanical changes to the LR3 for it to be a beast off-road. Like the above stated, a good investment would be underbelly plating. Rod lift is around $150 or so. I got my 265/75 Safari TSR's for $800 new which have lasted me roughly 25k miles so far. Stay away from after market air filters. I haven't heard much about Magnaflow's exhaust for the truck, but would consider.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont think those 265 would fit the HSE w/ 19". He need to get some 18" to do that...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9