Warped Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just had my first scheduled maintenance service done at 10,000 miles. It has already been a year since I got the car. Everyrthing was OK. I worried about brakes since some people reported problems on this forum, but was told that everything was fine.
Then.........I picked up a car from LR, went on a highway and......got this strong vibration, shaking on a steering wheel when braking. Did not have any issues before and according to LR thay did not touch the brakes at all.
I dropped my car agian next day.
They found warped front rotors.
Got new rotors and brake pads, all under warranty. Did not pay a penny.
10K miles and new rotors -- not good at all, but ... it looks like Land Rover is aware about the problem because ,according to my servie manager, new rotors they installed have fifferent part number thet old onces. . Hopefuly new rotors and pads will last like shey should. Those of you who had new rotors , break pads installed, what part numers are listed on your invoice.
SDB000624 rotors
LR021253 breake pads
I have to say I did not have any problems with the car, so far. The cameras were fixed as part of the "recall" under warranty and they work great all the time since then.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you experience the braking issue directly after you left the dealer?

Thanks,

Marty

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi MottMcfly,

Yes, I noticed the braking issue when I left the dealer and went on a highway, I called my service manager immediately.
After the rotors were repalced everything is back to normal.
I have 2011 LR4 HSE.

Jobaker4

Reaction score
Me too... Add an Oil leak

I'm having this trouble too, I only have 4,700 miles on the truck! Guess if it is due to bad rotors then it makes sense. I've also got an oil leak, finding a few drops of oil on the garage floor every morning... Anybody had this problem?

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue I had with a truck was Serround Cameras ( getting a blue screen), but it was resovlved with new wires. ( fiber optics).
Other than this recent incident with rotors the truck is great. I am planning to keep it way past warranty so will have to buy extended warranty at some point.
Right now my dealer is trying to figure out how to activate voice control on my
2011 HSE. It looks like there is no official software patch from Land Rover They admit they heard about people getting voice ctrl back on 2011 LR4 but still dont know how to do this. They contacted LR NA regarding this. I am just waiting to see what will happen next.
Back to rotors. I hope it is true that new rotor are different, otherwise it is going to be expensive to maintain the truck. I may be wrong but why some people on this forum had to pay for rotors replacement with so low milage on the cars.

BAK

Reaction score
I'm having this trouble too, I only have 4,700 miles on the truck! Guess if it is due to bad rotors then it makes sense. I've also got an oil leak, finding a few drops of oil on the garage floor every morning... Anybody had this problem?

Jobaker 4,
I had a similar leak in my 2011 LR4 at about the 2500 mile mark. A few drops of oil inline with the front wheels, slightly to the right of the truck's centerline. Check to see if there is a puddle of oil in the skid plate that protects the engine's oil sump.
It turned out that there was a leak from from the rear of the engine block. There is apparently a hole cast into the block that is necessary when the block is machined and it is supposed to be permanently sealed once the manufacturing process is complete. In my case, the seal was not installed correctly and it began leaking. There is apparently a LR service bulletin on this issue, but it might be a rare problem. My dealer said that this was the frst instance he had seen and that the bulletig was fairly recent (this was back in July '11).
Good luck,
BK

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM