Warranty just expired - big thanks to everyone on this forum!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No extended Warranty....just the standard 50,000K one.

san6279

Reaction score
My warranty expires at the end of the month. Have not scheduled an appointment yet, but plan on doing so. Am also planning on purchasing an extended warranty (90% sure).

Any suggestions on taking the rig in? Figure they will just say "hey, it all looks great" but maybe I am too much of a pessimist given the original post.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

P.S. - The only thing that I can visually see right now is some curling (fairly minor) on the steering wheel, but not sure if it enough to replace. Car is garaged (and we live in Seattle) so sun and heat not too much of an issue.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My warranty expires at the end of the month. Have not scheduled an appointment yet, but plan on doing so. Am also planning on purchasing an extended warranty (90% sure).

Any suggestions on taking the rig in? Figure they will just say "hey, it all looks great" but maybe I am too much of a pessimist given the original post.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Here is my final warranty checklist report: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14781

Feel free to add your experience to the thread!

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advice on taking it in as well. Make stuff up :). Not to be dishonest but just to ensure you get a thorough review. And use the list above...I did.

I complained about "road noise"....."steering feel"....."strange rattle" from the backend. All very generic but they checked it over thoroughly and now I am getting a new rear end!

Don't be shy and eggagerate

san6279

Reaction score
Thanks again for the advice. LR3 is currently at the dealership for its final "under orig warranty" work. Mentioned the transmission **** again, which I had done several times before. This time, however, they are replacing the rear differential. My warranty expires 5/30. Just in time....

Have not pulled the trigger on the extended warranty yet. This rear diff issue may put me over the edge to get it.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My warrenty expired almost one year ago. I opted for no extension and so far I only have $250 in repairs. No regrets on not doing it so far.

san6279

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the gamble of course. I know I'll be kicking myself 2-3 yrs from now if I've paid $2-3K for an extended warranty and never had to use it. On the other hand, it could save me a lot, just depends. My '06 has about 40K on it and neither of us use it for a commute. Haven't really had many problems with it (knock on wood) so was thinking I may have avoided some of the problems I hear about. This differential deal has shaken my confidence a bit.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll more than likely get an extended warranty. If two air bags go out, it's pretty much paid for.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a report of failed air bags, but compressors....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635