Warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84_250tr

Reaction score
I posted something about this in the long extended warranty threads (ie, the sticky thread), but did not receive any responses.

My question was not covered by any historical discussion in that thread, so I wanted to see if any of you have an opinion. I have a 2008 LR3 with 65k that has been dealer maintained (all services performed / documented, etc.) and in very good condition.

I live in New York City and the car will probably only be driven <3k miles a year. I am currently trying to decide if the Ford ESP PremiumCare is worth it for my situation. The warranty I would get is $2800 for 3 years / 24k miles.

I understand these warranties are great and they cover everything, but I am really struggling with the "value" of the warranty given I will probably only drive the car 10k miles over the next 3/4 years. Do you guys think I am better off just self insuring given the limited amount I will be driving?

Based on the documentation for my car, it has not had any major warranty repairs. As a result, the air suspension, etc. is all original.

Would definitely appreciate any advice on this!

Thanks

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it might be a good idea to get one....age is just as much as a factor as mileage. Sitting around isn't the easiest.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some of the major failures LR3's have a warranty is a great idea and Ford writes one of the best plans that you can depend on.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an extended plan for my 05 LR3.. .other than the PIA waiting for the policy admin to respond to the request it has been awesome.

Had a suspension failure (module and compressor replace) a trans failure (module replacement) and recently "seized" suspension hardware . . .all have been fixed under warranty . . .

I paid $2500 for the warranty . . . .parts and labor, thus far, I'm ahead of the game. Worth the cost if you plan to keep the Rover. I'd do it again . . .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635