Water pours out when I open door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone's feet get wet when they open their door after a long rain? Without exception, after a long rain if I open the front pax door, a crap-ton of water pours out of the door seal. None of the water ever gets in...guess I just jinxed myself

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the drain holes within the door must be plugged. I never get water on my feet and I live in New England and it rains here a lot!

V.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew it wasn't normal because none of the other doors has the problem.

How would one clean the door drains, furthermore, where are they?

Hollywood619

Reaction score
There are little holes on the bottom of the door that you can clean with a pipe cleaner or q-tip. The problem now is that you need to replace the weather strip and thoroughly dry the inside of the door or it may become a rust machine.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so none of the holes appear to be clogged (confirmed with coat hangar, then running water). Door drain normal. Now what?

Auburn92

Reaction score
check the sun roof drain, if you have the 05, and haven't had the mod, pull the intake vent cover off the passenger side. You will see the drain in the back portion, tear the foam so that it doesn't block drain.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The silver colored one on the outside of the vehicle, correct? This will casue water to collect in the door jam?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How easily does that vent come off and on? What is the process?

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, checked sunroof drains = clear. Looking for a way to take the intake vent off, but too scared that I'll break it.

Anyone have any experience with getting this off?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked that question a week ago and got...crickets! I thought Auburn92 would know, but....?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99