Water pours out when I open door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auburn92

Reaction score
sorry for the delay fellas, but the vent cover pulls right off. I don't know if it will back up into the door, but it definately backs up and will run down the (Piller??) into the front passenger seat floorboard. The bad part about this it your main CPU is located under the forward portion of the floorboard.
I had to order a new one $500 bones from England, due to water intrusion and corrosion on the connections.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does it go back on as easily as it comes off?

...and what about the driver's side?

Thanks Auburn!

Trynian

Reaction score
So does it go back on as easily as it comes off?

...and what about the driver's side?

Thanks Auburn!

Yes it does , easier, just lift it up and pull, to get it off.

Driver side is not so easy. It is in the same location but you have to pull out the plastic fender well. Then feel up and into the same area as if there would have been an intake vent.

There are also rear ones in the rear tire fender wells toward the front of the well. Have to remove the plastic fender well there also..

Last edited:

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my wife might be a genius!

I came home from a 5-day trip to find my passenger side foot well soaked again! So when I got home I pulled all the trim off and pulled the carpet up to find a lovely pool of nasty rain water! I pulled the right side air filter vent off as suggested by Auburn92 and saw that the dealer had in fact performed the delicate "sunroof drain clearance" procedure (cutting off the tip of the sunroof drain). I began filling up bottles of water to find where the leak was coming from. I tried the windscreen...nothing. I poured nearly 10 gallons through the sunroof drains...nothing. I was about to give up when my wife asked to see my flashlight. She took one look down towards the bottom of the passenger-side fender to see where all the water was draining and said "I think I see your problem". She showed me where a clog was. Every spring and fall our trees produce these 2-4" long stems that contain seeds and what not- they get stuck to everything...EVERYTHING! It appeared that enough of these things, along with some leaves and other associated crap had caused a dam to form at the bottom of the fender- where the water was supposed to drain from. Since the water could drain fast enough it keep collecting until it reached a point between the firewall and door seal and just infiltrated the cabin.

I have dry-vac'd the rubber under mat, toweled everything dry and sprayed an anti-bacterial solution to **** any mildew that was forming. The only thing left to door is let the wire bundles dry.

Not sure if this is related, but on the drive home I got a suspension fault that said "Normal Height Only". When I got home I tried the "LR quick fix", by turning the car off and letting it sit for a few minutes. When I restarted, the fault went away, the compressor sounded louder than usual and when it stopped running the fault came back.

Is there a way to troubleshoot the compressor the see if it's clogged or something?

Thanks wifey!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99