Water Pump leak / TSB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching the forum, but had no luck...

I know the water pumps on the 5.0 V8s are prone to failure / leaking. I swear I remember reading that there was a TSB that LR put out on this. Am I correct in thinking that? Can someone with a TopiX account verify for me before my truck goes in on Saturday?

Started about 3 weeks back I had a coolant low warning. Didn't think much of it, as I had never seen it before and simply topped it up with the garden hose. A couple weeks later, now it has come back. I have topped it up again but have smelled coolant after running the engine a while.

slavek

Reaction score
Hi. I recently replaced coolant expansion tank. Get system pressure tested when cold. Water pump may have residue of dried coolant.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, they did a pressure test. Found the pump and the crossover pipe leaking. Both are being replaced under warranty. I should be picking up my truck tomorrow. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM