Water Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check what they did. If they caught the water pump issue early enough, there may not be downstream problems with the hose, but it's best if you get both checked, if not. The water pump was a slow leak, the hose drained my system in 30 minutes. A bad hose has potential to strand you somewhere.
Did not check it yet, forgot, but will today... It actually makes sense - if i am not mistaking, this days the thermostat is a part of the pomp (?) and that is probably what goes bad there. Thermostat does not open, pressure goes up, and antifreeze sprinkles out through the clamp, or worse case destroys/rips the hose. I am guessing here, but sounds reasonable... :)

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, they did pressure test, did not find the leak; per LTB00352NAS4 they checked the pump, did not find the leak, and bearing was ok. At second pressure test they confirmed the leak from the line I pointed them to, and replaced it (i could see that - new line and lose wire clamp. :) ).

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
23k miles, low coolant warning, at the dealer for water pump replacement.m will be out at least 2 days, they gave my wife a dodge minivan to drive as loaner, she is not happy bout that!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure I understand the TSB's... AA510742-Onwards .... Onwards? Dont they know about it and can fix it from a certain point on? When does it start not being an issue? Would a MY2013 be impacted?

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case, it started with a low coolant warning. I verified visually that expansion tank was very low, then a moon beam to the pump show some white residue. Took it to dealer and they confirmed water pump leak problem. I would recommend weekly eyeballs on the expansion tank (cold) so you can catch it before the warning light comes on.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I am extremely bummed. I had the "Low Coolant" light coming on last Friday while on a road trip. Been pouring in about a cup of coolant a day since. Took it in today and they quoted me close to $800 for replacing the water pump. Back in May, I had taken the car in at around 49k miles to address a few warranty issues before it expires. I asked them to look thru the bulletins to see if anything else covered can be fixed. Mercedes did that for me right before my warranty expired. I really don't believe LR did that. I feel like I should have been covered under that bulletin. I am less than 3000 miles out of warranty. :(

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call LR corporate. They are known for getting a dealer in line.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Umberto! Got a 2012 LR4 but VIN did not match. I assume that is a vehicle not affected by this issue. No problems at 17K but just in case I will keep an eye on coolant level :biggrin:

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call LR corporate. They are known for getting a dealer in line.
I called them back and told them about this bulletin. The service guy said he will call LR corporate for me tomorrow morning to see if they will cover it. I'll keep y'all posted...

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I am extremely bummed. I had the "Low Coolant" light coming on last Friday while on a road trip. Been pouring in about a cup of coolant a day since. Took it in today and they quoted me close to $800 for replacing the water pump. Back in May, I had taken the car in at around 49k miles to address a few warranty issues before it expires. I asked them to look thru the bulletins to see if anything else covered can be fixed. Mercedes did that for me right before my warranty expired. I really don't believe LR did that. I feel like I should have been covered under that bulletin. I am less than 3000 miles out of warranty. :(
Good news! After I alerted the service advisor of the TB which included my VIN, he contacted LR corporate and they agreed to fix my water pump under warranty! YAY! :smile:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM