Weid Lunge +++++

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

Weird Lunge +++++

I was driving downhill when my Rover lunged a little bit. It happened twice tonight, and it is not a big deal, but I wanted to see if any of you had any ideas. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "lunged"? Like, it surged forward (accelerated abruptly)? What were you doing when it happened? Did it make a sound that you noticed?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh.....there's a straightforward reason for that behavior, and once I've had some coffee I'll be able to remember it. Maybe by then DiscoMike or Sergei or someone else will have read this thread...

VSS?
TPS?

I guess I'd keep an eye on it and see if it happens again, or more frequently....

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I've been thinking about this in between normal paperwork this morning, and when I had that problem it was "solved" by checking electrical grounds. I know that sounds funny, but I was having electrical problems at the same time as the wierd surging on downhill deceleration, and when I cleaned up the ground connections the surging problem stopped.

:stupid:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck, Bryce?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bryce - as Mike would say - lets start with basics. What truck, how many miles, what kind of maintenace been done? Were fuel filter, sparky plugs, wires, fuel pump & etc & etc changed ever? :)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird lungeing...

O.K., this IS wierd....my 95 D1 just "lunged" while driving up-hill, and pulled me to the right of the road. Also, when I made a sharp right turn, the A/C motor went off. I seem to have small strange problems when the weather changes...could be "barometric bugs"?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72