Weired engine rev noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

appletigger

Reaction score
First time posting here. I need some advise from you guys. I recently bought a '06 LR3 V6. From day one, I've noticed the engine was making funny noise/sound. As I accelerate, the engine is making "Burururum~" kind of sound with some vibration rather than "Boooo~m", smooth sound. I have some other issues with this car;
1. 3rd row sunroof shade liner was loose
2. 3rd row sunroof shade latch snaps out if I run over a bump.
3. Steering wheel wasn't mounted straight ( car pulls to the right if I let go of the steering wheel)
4. It rattle/wobble at high speed constantly on the freeway. Not much, but noticible.
5. Check egine light on. (from day one.)

I took it to the dealer last Tuesday and mentioned these problems.
They fixed check engine light (software update), glued the 3rd row lining. They said the steering wheel is due to tire pressure and also has to do with the road condition. - According to them, it is perfectly fine and normal.
Engine Rev. vibration, they said it is normal. and so the high speed rattle/wobble.

I'm going to take it back tomorrow, but how do I make sure they fix these problems? It's very annoying and I have a feeling that they will stick with "they are normal" respond.

D

dry_fly

ask for the service manager and make a scene with customers in the showroom. there should not be any wobble or harsh vibration from accelleration.

appletigger

Reaction score
Ok... I just want to "update" my situation.
1. check engine light came back on yesterday, after the software update. It came on while I was driving on the freeway, and stays on.
2. they had to order parts for the 3rd row sun shade - it may take 1-4 weeks.
3. Dealer performed alignment, but still pulls to the right.
4. Engine vibration is just simply not going away, but I think it's got little better, after driving over a 700 miles in 2 weeks. I'll keep my eyes on this one.

BTW, Does anyone knows if the check engine light issue qualify for the lemon law, if it continues to come back after the dealer fixes? Just curious.... Thanks~

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemon Law varies from state to state. If I remember right the owners book (not the manual but the whole binder) had a list of contacts in the various states.

BELLROVER

Reaction score
The engine that is in your car is the same engine in the explorer. It's a ford 4.0 v6 and thier know for a vibration/ noise. However the dealer needs to figure why your check engine lamp is on!

roverdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BELLROVER said:
The engine that is in your car is the same engine in the explorer. It's a ford 4.0 v6 and thier know for a vibration/ noise. However the dealer needs to figure why your check engine lamp is on!

I've just started getting a similar vibration in my 2005 HSE (Engine: Jaguar V8), though it feels like it may be more related to the tranny. Taking it in next week and I'll keep the board posted.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverdawg said:
I've just started getting a similar vibration in my 2005 HSE (Engine: Jaguar V8), though it feels like it may be more related to the tranny. Taking it in next week and I'll keep the board posted.

[2005 SE V8] A couple months ago, I got a transmission vibration, especially at lower speeds. SPORT mode seemed not to have the same issue. It persisted for days. Then I switched to SPORT mode (which I almost never use) for a couple days straight and gunned it a lot and it went away. (???)

BELLROVER

Reaction score
The AJ8 is known to run rough on a cold start due to the 02 sensors being in open loop, plus make sure you're using premium fuel only and not ARCO!!!!

squarecircle

Reaction score
Greetings BELLROVER,

Please inform this forum exactly why we should avoid ARCO!!!

Regards, sq.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635