Wenches, who has 'em and which one did you go with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in getting a winch for my LR3. Really not looking to shell out $3K for the LR one. There has to be other options out there, so I'm interested in what your set-up is and how the installation was.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just opens up all sorts of great possibilities; our LR3 is seldom clean enough... I don't think my wife ever reads this forum... :wink:

(I'm assuming you meant "winches")

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gtc...good stuff. I purposefully left this open ended, plus liked the play on words. :wink:

Did I cover well enough for my poor spelling?

Last edited:

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winches are cheaper than wenches, although the latter have more pull

[

I have a Warn 9000 for the former and paid about $750. To date, it's been an investment in insurance only, but the day is coming when I'll use it, I have no doubt.

Trynian

Reaction score
....2-ton or 3-ton?

2- ton.

The 3 ton and the 2 ton are the same unit. The 3 ton just has heavier rated hooks and pullies, the base is the same.

I believe the power puller is rated 2 ton dead lift, that is about 4 tons drag rating which is why I got it.

You can get a longer cable with the 2 ton.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one. So far used it once off-road to pull a friend off a rock he slid into.

It worked great that day too!

461894217_3qMcQ-M.jpg

461894373_NczpG-M.jpg

461894475_AYXkh-M.jpg

As for winch options, there are not too many. You can buy a hidden winch tray from Rasta, and that works pretty well because you don't need to spend $1500 on a steel bumper. Or, you can buy an ARB/RTE/SG bumper and mount a standard 9,000 lbs winch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM