What are the differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

BPedersen

what is the difference between the SD,SE,XD? there is a 96 XD in the classifieds that I am interested in but being new to land rovers I'm not to sure about the differences or problems that might show up.

R

roverX

Couldn't tell you what the letters stand for but I can tell you this: they represent the line up of models, as in top (XD) to bottom (SD) as far as options are concerned. I'm not sure if the drivelines are different. I believe it speaks mainly about interior and exterior trimmings aka goodies. But if you are going for an offroad vehicle, you don't need the luxuries.
If you are going to buy an rover, depending on where you live, get in contact with a local club. Those guys & gals usually post a vehicle for sale within their local contact group first. Sometimes they are beaters and sometimes they have never been offroad. I reckon you would get a better deal that way too.
Maybe I missed it but where are you located? Maybe someone here can point you to a good club or contact person.

B

BPedersen

We are in arizona and I am looking to buy another rover that can be a fun offroad vehicle. do to a injury that will keep me out of my race car for a few years I'm selling it for a new hobby that I can enjoy.

R

roverX

Az?

I will be out your way in 2 1/2 weeks on my way to and from Texas. Will be spending a lot of money on gas for my rover! There is a real knowledgeable guy from the yahoo disco email thingy whatever it's called, named Mitch who will be able to help you out. I will dig up his email addy for you.

R

Roverdude

The XD was a limited edition of 250 all AAA Yellow. They were priced midrange in the model line up, high $30's in 97 I believe. The model designation for the Disco I was S, SE, SE7, S being the basic, SE mid-high level, SE7, top of the line, 7 seater w/ all the bells and whistles.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost but not quite. D1s were SD, SE, SE7 (SE7 has same crap as SE with the addition of the jump seats). SD's came with cloth seats and no moonroofs.

98 there were LE, SE, and LSE, because it was the 50th anniversary of the marque.

B

BPedersen

Thanks for all the info, I'll check out the Yahoo thing,we took our rover off road last weekend and didn't even get close to its potential (stock) so now I've made up my mind to buy one for myself instead of panicing my wife when I want to take hers out :)

B

BPedersen

roverX said:
I will be out your way in 2 1/2 weeks on my way to and from Texas. Will be spending a lot of money on gas for my rover!

Thats a long-boring drive. My wife and I have made that drive a few times to visit my mom in San Antonio, in a VW cabrio with a great dane in the backseat! 15 hrs. in a small car with a huge dog makes for a cramped and interesting trip.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too bad you didnt have a moonroof....that would be a funny sight.

B

BPedersen

when we would get out at rest areas we got a lot of funny looks and questions. "how does that giant dog fit in there?" was the most heard and then "that things the size of a horse!"

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635