What Have I done now??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
OK so I am driving today .. And out of no where comes the HOTTESTTT guy I have ever seen in my life !! He is driving a lifted D2 with a winch, ARB Bumper, Snorkel. Well as I am rubbing necking and drooling :beer: I run into a HUGE curb (yes go figure), and now the rover is all over the road. I am assuming a basic alignment would solve the trick ..but I keep hearing this weird noise coming from the side that I hit the curb on. I hit the curb on the right side passenger going around 45mph. The noise is like a whistling noise or tapping of metal. I have inspected everything and it looks ok..
Any thoughts?? :help:

Thanks,
Melissa

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Mellisa, my wife said that you shouldn't rubberneck :ahhhhh: this can cause serious issues with the Disco.

As far as the issue. I would have no idea with out looking at it....sorry.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ed CV?

Bent/broken panhard, tie rod, pittman?

Get underneath there tonight, and as penance for drooling check all the steering components. It could also be shock mount, etc. so look at suspension too.

C

Cozmo

Yeah its amazing how good a person can look in a lifted DII with a snorkel......

C

Cozmo

Melissa seems to be the exception. Round here Jeep people, truck people all seem to notice a lifted DII with a snorkel. Land Rover people never give you a second look.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melissa - thats what you getting for not coming up here to wheel yet :) Seriously though - alignment is to be done (50-70$ depending on place). Now, jack up side that making weird noise, put it on stand. Try to shake wheel , while holding at 6 & 12. If there is any play - time to repack bearing. Takes about 15 minutes with right tools. But most likely this noise is result of your wheel being misaligned from curb accident - at that speed road will try to move it and all sorts of vibrations and noises may be in there... Wheeling in CO and Moab actually is more often than not resulting in need of alignment - due fact that you keep crawling and hitting rocks :)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know better than to drive and "look" at the same time. Next time I will stop, turn my emergency blinkers on and, pull out the old "please send help" emergency sign ( all while waving @ the D1 or D2 driver). Thanks Serg and Andy. I jacked it up but everything seems ok. I am going to take it up to Jason ( my J*** buddy) on Monday and see what he says. I am sure he will get a good laugh at the situation.
Coz: I always check out other LR(s). At first I thought it was you .. But no Louisiana tags. Ha Ha !!! :)
I do remember seeing a car seat in the Rover.. *Sigh* Parr for the course I suppose.
Serg: I can not seem to find that Coolant Sensor you are talking about ??? Maybe it is that thing that I took a picture of ??

D

discomike

Melissa,
It is good to hear that you didn't just sit around the house all weekend. Nobody has asked yet so I will, " how's your neck"???
Crawl under the truck, AGAIN, and this time have someone turn the steering back and forth while you watch . Hold on to each part as it moves and see if you can feel loosness or a popping feeling.
By the way, do you have any of those "BEWARE" type stickers on your truck to warn drivers around you????????
I would tell you to take care, but I don't think it will help.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM