What kind of Stereos is everyone using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

campbell

I have a Sony 10 disc and have no problems with sound quality using the modulator. I have a credit card remote to change discs and tracks. Works well.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with the stock stereo, other than the lack of strong bass. After all the problems are fixed on my disco, I do believe I'll be putting a 10" or 12" woofer in the Disco. Stock CD changer is fine for me...

J

jlberry

I have removed the Alpine aftermarket cd player and replaced the stock radio. I went with the Griffin RoadTrip for the ipod and the Griffin Air Click remote. The RoadTrip plugs into the lighter, holds the ipod and its fully charged when you get where you are going. I am also putting the stock CD changer back when I find one at the right price on ebay or elsewhere. I wanted all my buttons to work and everything else that was bypassed.

M

mcortazz

its really not hard to install an HU

if you order from crutchfield its comes with all the crap to add an hu for satelite and mp3 capabilities. i have used a few fm modulators for my ipod and the best sound quality comes out of the monster unit but the sound quality itsnt great. if you are not one of those audiophiles( i have $3k in crap im just waiting to put in my disco) then just go for the monster fm modulator unit @ $70 and no work to install. im **** and want it done right so i am installing my alpine head unit and full JL system and soon as the snow stops.

witecaphyr4u

Reaction score
There is a guy selling Alpine cd changers on ebay that have a cable to plug into the stock land rover deck. He as regular cd changers and MP3 cd changers(little more $$ though). Also for an extra $35 he will include and ipod adapter cable that will allow you to plug in your ipod and charge it through the cd changer connections.
I was going to go this route, but decided to go with a JVC KD-AVX1 in the dash with headrest monitors for the rear passengers(my daughter). I'll be using an Xtant 3channel amp to run the front and subs and power the stock rears off of the deck. Probably going with a 12" sub in the left side storeage compartment in back.

cs

A

avilladiego19

ive got a alpine headunit with mp3 & xm with alpine type s 4" speakers all around and two polk momo 10" subwoofers running off a 1500 watt amp. i dont really listen to cds anymore since i got xm radio. i recommend xm to all!

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

I too am interested in this unit. However I went to Circuit City and they said I have to change out all of my speakers too??? Whats the deal on this? I have a 99 Disco II.

If anyone else heard this let me know and also if I can replace the stereo only. I guess you needa particular tool to remove the face and unit?

Thanks

R

redriderrick

Where did you guys get your adaptor plates for mounting an aftermarket stereo? I'll be putting in a new deck, and it's smaller than the stock one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM