What lift do I want? Please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Johnson Rods

So long as you get an alignment there is no issue with running the rods full time. My rods do not exceed any limits as some would like to suggest. The reason for the tire wear in this post was due to not doing an alignment after installation and with full time use. Myself and others who have done an alignment have no problems. The camber on my vehicle is perfect. No problems and perfect running condition without faults.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues Dave. I know you would agree on the alignment for the rod lift full time.

maryd2myrvr

Reaction score
how much lift?

In the interest to keep this thread going, and I do love to see some people who believe in their product, how much lift is enough? How much would one need for mild, compared to some pretty heavy wheeling. Personally, I don't have the proper armor to do crazy things, but would like to know how much will get the job done in order to limit body damage??

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much lift is enough? Nearly impossible to quote a height that's the Holy Grail. For us, the lift is a reaction to compensate for tire size due to rubbing issues. 33's are at the far end of usable, safe, economical and practical. Most of us live somewhere in the 32" world depending on tire brand. I regularly run 3 and 4 rated trails without sliders. My fuel cell looks like oatmeal, exhaust pipes are pinched, compressor tank is dented, doors and corner panels have trophies and my bullbar looks like I regularly hit pedestrians. Smooth driving, good technique and quality spotting will get you through 3 rated trails without issue. Beyond that, sliders are a must.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo