What relay is missing? Is it the CC disable relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah throw a relay in. Chances are it's like all the other relays regular old potter brumfield . But I'm betting on the ecu personally. The cheapest way is to buy the blankety blank electronics manual as I did it's seperate from the workshop manual but is very complete and kept me from throwing money at my vehicle. I'm surprised yours isn't in this site as mine is that's to say someone had a troubleshooting diagnostic that followed just like my manual states.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to roverland parts the 99 d1
ecu is the same as a 95 d1 therfore all testing should be same thing

bleizit

Reaction score
Thanks Joey and Maddie! I replaced the relay and nothing changed. I'll run through the ecu diagnostics and pull it to se if a poor solder joint is the problem. I believe the open socket is for the cc disable relay; however, that relay is not used in NAS vehicles.

bleizit

Reaction score
Ordered a used ECU and I'll swap it out. I took my ECU out and inspected it. The lower 3/4 of the electronics is covered with a reddish paint like stuff. What is this? Some kind of sealant? I thought I'd look for a poor solder point or anything obvious, but this stuff covering most of it makes it difficult at best.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reddish paint like stuff is an epoxy and yes a real pain. The last discussion about a month ago someone said they took a buffer to it got it off, resoldered and it worked. I found no bad solder joints on my original nor my junkyard replacement. The junkyard replacement ecu lasted spuradicaley about three weeks. Retested all and it's the ecu again. Hope you have better luck. There is a netherland company that will rebuild it I'm ignorant of how many dushmarks equal a Yankee buck and even though I'd love to get it fixed I'm an American paying for bailouts and cash for clunkers ( I've got the blues)

bleizit

Reaction score
I'd love to get it fixed I'm an American paying for bailouts and cash for clunkers ( I've got the blues)

Amen brother! I find it so funny the C4C program gives our tax $$ for our discos for an H3 model that gets 14-16 mpg? I guess comrades don't do any real off roadin! Oops... I may get reported now...

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes commrad beilzit we must watch what we say big brother might be watching. They may want to pull our combustion engines and replace them with solar panels and windmills. Please let us know if the ecu does the trick. Where did you order it from? And how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. Mine came from a junkyard in California $60.00 down the drain.

bleizit

Reaction score
Will Tillery ROVERGUY PARTS 434-251-9331 $38 delivered

bleizit

Reaction score
Here's where I am now! I replaced the ECU and the situation is improved, but not working yet. With the new ECU, it attempts to engauge when setting the speed. I now hear the relay click over and the RPMs will momentarily increase (as if to keep the speed at the setting) and then stop. I say it's an improvement because neither of these occured with the old ECU. Any ideas???

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of ideas. Best to go thru the whole troubleshooting guide. However gut feeling is suggestion is either a vacuum leak or worse yet the used ecu is not working properly. You didn't pay the $68 dollars mine cost not that that is any counselation. Might be the relay in the ecu or just not getting enough voltage to hold it in from the triggering of the board. Spent half my vacation testing each transistor and regs and resistors and caps in mine. Be nice to know if it were tested b4 it was shipped to you. Borrowed one and my cruise worked fine.. Figure its the CPU in the ecu. Dutch company does rebuild them but I got bigger fish to fry right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM