What should I buy: roof rack or hella lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it looks really professional! Very nice. Post pics when you mount the lights.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post picks as soon as cashier at Farmington hub with get off his/her **** and release damn thing (they using ABF to send things... Farmington is like 50 minutes drive from me, and suspension killing me....)

Chris - its not matter of being fan or not. Personally - i dont care how pretty welds are, as far as they work ok. Thing is - its like what - 7ft off the ground? I am not picky about running around my truck with miscroscope finding flaws. In fac t- i know i will find lots and lots, for example paint job that i done myself does have some screwed bits in it. But. I am looking at it from point of functionality and how i like general look :). And i do. With rack it is also slight matter of spending nearly 50% more money to get product that i can get for less. Which provides exact same functionality, it will rust eventually over about same time (all racks do it.. ) and i dont care about being snob with big names on my truck. Its like with dogs (nope. currently aint got one... waiting for right time). So what if my dog wont have medals or its not pure breed or something like that. It is my friend and that is what counts :)

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris,
Those are great pictures, thanks. I may also consider your air dam modification, but will wait to see how bad the noise/resistance is when I have everything clamped on.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right :) finally got around to shot picture of welds. Doesnt seem much different from old ones, but...
p1010072.jpg

and hers is their new bumper (well its my new bumper now :))

p1010065.jpg

and one more shot of total view:

p1010071.jpg

C

ChrisV

Looks great! (same old goober welds though) I do not mind that much, the welds are holding fine on mine. Those clamps are much imporved over mine.
Thanks for the picks!

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rack should be shipping this week - wait a minute, I thought that same thing last week???

Oh well, maybe it will be here by September....

I HATE waiting this long!

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy - lol, they are , ahem.. slow sometime. Mine got shipped week after it was promissed, but then it got from Seattle to Farmington in 3 days.. Then of course it been sitting on ABF yard for 2 more...

Chris - yeah. I dont care for them either so far as they aint got holes to let water in, and holds - they are fine by me. Clamps - well.. I think they can use some rubber sprayed on inside of clamps and legs, but its just me . I will do it meself, after all that stuff costs like 7$ per can..

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uzbad said:
Clamps - well.. I think they can use some rubber sprayed on inside of clamps and legs, but its just me . I will do it meself, after all that stuff costs like 7$ per can..
I went looking in Home Depot yesterday (was actually there twice) for something like this (the rubber spray). No one at the store had any idea what I was asking for. Where can I find this, and what is the actual name, brand, or product category (I was looking in the paint section)?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tmiller1 said:
I went looking in Home Depot yesterday (was actually there twice) for something like this (the rubber spray). No one at the store had any idea what I was asking for. Where can I find this, and what is the actual name, brand, or product category (I was looking in the paint section)?
Troy, the product is called Poly Shield, click here for an example...I wonder if you could spray the whole interior of the truck in it?

:biggrin:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy - you can get it in autozone. I dont have can in front of me, but it normally sits in same section as herculiner , paint stripping thingies and paint (herculiner is another good option, but i dont see myself paying 100$ for something i dont really need :)). Its basically can of spayable rubber (white and red colors). It also can be used as repair where your waxoil frame protection is failing and to make axles more silent (though i havent noticed much difference, but then i used it on front axle only, and not for entire thing). I'll try to remember to look up name on can when i get home :)

If you get this rubber thingy - test if first b/c if you aint shake it properly its not working very well.

Or go with what Andy found (thanks Andy - they got lots of lovely colors :)), it does look very similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM