Wheel Centre Lube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ygrowup

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to lube the wheel centres? I have been hunting around any can't find anything on this.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the manual Mike, the wheel centers are to be lubed. I just had mine done at the 90k service.

ygrowup

Reaction score
My manual says they need to be lubes at every service. Since I like doing the work myself, I would like to know how.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to lube the wheel studs and the raised ring on the hub that fits into the rim. I use Permatex anti seize compound. One application last years. If you have ever had a rim seize to the hub, you'll understand the importance of this easy owner maintenance procedure.

ygrowup

Reaction score
You need to lube the wheel studs and the raised ring on the hub that fits into the rim. I use Permatex anti seize compound. One application last years. If you have ever had a rim seize to the hub, you'll understand the importance of this easy owner maintenance procedure.

Thanks kwlr3

I thought it was more complicated than that. My old Disco needed a litre of oil in each hub. I thought this was similar. That is an easy job.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I stand corrected.
One thing that is right, no mater what the dealer says, get the tranny services with the proper ATF as well as the diffs or you will be looking a huge expenses down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis