Where is the jack and lug nut wrench?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

FunkyFresh

Okay I have a Discovery 1 and I looked and looked for the emergency jack and wrench and I can't find one. Is it under the car, under the back seats, under the floor board... or what!?? Does mine simply not have one? Sorry to ask so many questions... this one has been bugging me since I got it though! Thank you! PS I still think Discoveries rule! Maybe should've gone with the Disco II because of the wheel sizing, but overall so far at least, I'm happy with my new(ish) little/big SUV thing.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open the hood and look for a large black box that covers the battery. Open it and the jack should be behind the battery. The assorted wrench kit should be in the read door pocket.

If they are not there .... you need to get a hold of the PO or buy a new kit.

Hope this helps,

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My jack is on the side opposite the battery. And my wrench kit is under the back seat. There's a velcro piece there to hold it in place.

F

FunkyFresh

Okay thanks... I'll look under the seat for the tools... they aren't in the back door pocket :(

Thanks for your help... at least I know where to find the jack..

D

disco1

When you do find your jack, take it out of it's holder and see if it works, don't assume that it does.

D

DiscoDriver

disco1 said:
When you do find your jack, take it out of it's holder and see if it works, don't assume that it does.

Any repair advice for those of us who have one that doesn't work? I replaced the oil in mine but still no joy.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a farm equipment supply store and buy a higher-rated jack for less than the cost of the oil to repair the old one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112