Where to find freelander computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToiletDuck

Reaction score
I Went to a mechanic today to see what he thought of my freelander's engine and he said he's about 99% sure it's a coil on one of the plugs. However his computer didn't have the Land Rover addon to read my comp and it was going cost him over $700 to get it. Who generally has these? How much does a land rover dealership cost to plug one in and tell you what's wrong? Do Ford dealerships have them you think? Right now I'm just going to have to drive on this crappy mpg.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
LR dealer will cost your around $100 to tell you what is wrong.. No ford dealer that I know of has the proper tools to check a LR.

You can check with Atlantic British, they use to keep a list of all mechanics in the US that had the proper tools.

happyhippo

Reaction score
The system LR uses is called Testbook that is made for Rovers. The standard OBDII systems will pull some codes but not everything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72