which rod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa...I had no idea that was you... I thought u've abstained from this place, I've seen you over on LRR forums but you were secretly here haha

Anyway nice write-up on why yours are superior :rock:

Thanks for the kind words Chesapeake! I lurk on TONS of different forums. I don't push my rods on EVERY site I view like some people. I stay focused on the Left Coast and let Lucky8 poke around for me on the Right. It's nice to be anonymous sometimes so I can just enjoy the forum and sit back and relax!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great product anonymous man! Where I wheel (rausch creek, PA) that extra 2" makes ALL the difference in allowing my to keep up with my Wrangler Rubicon friends. One time the truck sneaked back into normal height more (actually old off-road height) after a power off/on cycle. I didnt make it 10 feet before hitting stuff on the underside. Raised it up to new off-road height and had more clearance than the jeeps. :-D

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
~what's up with - blackforestham for a user name? I was eating a sandwich when I created my login.

I have OFTEN wondered!

Disco Mike, thanks for the bump, but when it comes to rod mods, I tend not to offer any advice, for two reasons: No personal experience as my LR3 did not have adjustable suspension, and for the other reason, I think it introduces a vulnerability to the front CV joints. If you run the RodMod, be very careful to not apply too much throttle when the front wheels are turned hard over, and the lift is engaged, and you are articulated. There have been ZERO reported failures running the RodMod, but a handful of failures in stock configuration in the scenario I described without the mod. I just think it increases the risk. In the rocky terrain where the rodmod is most helpful, you also frequently have to crank the wheels from lock to lock to navigate through them. When I am spotting for LR3 drivers, I always check if they are running the mod, and adjust my routing accordingly.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you need to adjust them?. Couldnt the adjuster come loose?

It depends on what your needs are. If you need adjustability than an adjustable rod is for you. In that case Sasquatch makes a good rod. If you just want a lift and don't care about adjustment then Johnson Rods will get you what you need. It's a matter of preference and cost is a factor as well.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, that was not intended to be any kind of "shot" at Nathan...just a statement of fact.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, that was not intended to be any kind of "shot" at Nathan...just a statement of fact.

Cheers, I certainly did not take any offense to anything you said. It's not like you were taunting my Manly LR3 about it's not being able to rise to the occassion. :)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) Funny....could you just pop a blue pill in the gas tank?

Hey, that coiler got you through some serious stuff and opened a whole new world for you, am I right? ...and you've been a real trailblazer for the rest of us too, so in a way we all owe a lot to that great white beast!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that coiler got you through some serious stuff and opened a whole new world for you, am I right?

Yes it absolutely did. It changed my life more than marriage did! We have completely changed our activities now thanks to the LR3 and my involvement with a club like SCLR. Going out with a group opened the door to locales and experiences that I simply would not have done on my own. It literally expanded my horizons to the vast and diverse Californian wilderness, and Utah, and Colorado, and Arizona, and Nevada and ....

I still miss that LR3 every single day. The jeep is a lot of fun, and exceptionally capable on the trail, but getting there bringing enough gear to spend the night is very difficult. My finances have only gotten worse, not better, since the LR3 was sold. Thinking now of buying a 95-97 Land Cruiser to "replace" the capacity/capability the LR3 offered.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635