which winch bumper to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hit a deer wednesday night, and since this is the second stock bumper that i have trashed in the last 13 months I think I may just get a winch bumper. Obviously ARB is an option and I have also seen the Rovertym slimline, but what else is there? Trying to keep cost below $1000. Thanks

Also will there be a porblem running stock suspension for a few months, the bumper will be winch-less but will still be heavier. Thanks

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just found TJM bull bar, seems like a great price on 4by4connection.com $785. Anybody have any info on these. Aussie made, so I assume they are tough. Thanks

F

Freeflytim

Rovertym or Safari Gard.

Unless you like the 'look' of the TJM.

A slimline has MUCH better clearance. I have an ARB on the front of mine and it is a POS. No approach. But if you do want the 'look' definately go TJM and not ARB.

Rovertym-Right coast, little less money than SG, earlier delivery. Safari Gard- left coast, the 'original slimline' and a couple weeks later on delivery. TJM- Honkin big, much cheaper, and order from DAP, which is in Maine and are Rover fanatics with a very good rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do love the look of TJM compared to the RT or SF. I cant imagine the approach with the tjm getting any worse compared to stock though, does it? DAP does have great prices, but they dont list the TJM. Thanks

F

Freeflytim

Im partial to the slimlines as I encounter large rocks. But thats a product of where I live and the type of wheelin' I do with my LR clubs. Landies in Florida need big swamper mud floater tyres while I need armor and clearance for big rocks in Tennessee- as a comparison. That said, Call DAP for a price on a TJM bumper.. yeah their website sucks. or better yet just PM 'steve' over on Muddyoval.com forums. Steve is DAP. Dissclaimer- not affliated with them, only a one time customer, but they do have a good reputation in the Rover community.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

discoinjapan

Check out the bumper w/ A-bar by Equipe at Red Rhino. Good aproach angle and looks awesome will hold a warn/superwinch/(or ramsey, I think).Im in the process of trying to purchase it. Shipping to a FPO address is a *****. But they are awesome there, they are going way out of their way to try to get this to me.

A

avilladiego19

cant go wrong with either safari gard or rovertym but scorpion racing also makes a nice bumper

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge