Whistle from Sunroof/Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an annoying whistle coming from my sunroof area? Anyone else experience this? This noise is there when the roof is closed and up until the roof is about half way open. Once it passes the halfway point it goes away. I can't decide if is the roof rack making the noise and the roof creating a 'lip" to move the air over the roof rack when it is half way open. Anybody got this problem? I want to move the 1st bar of the rack back a bit but when I bought the LR used I didn't receive a key to make the adjustment.

PS: 2005 LR3 HSE with standard Land Rover roof rack.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My yakima cross bars cause quite a whistle, which I solved by putting closed cell foam in the track under the brackets...My factory rack didn't whistle but to be honest I removed it and sold pretty quick after I bought the rig.. Try removing your roofrack and see if the whistle goes away..

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely the rook rack. You can reduce the noise by moving the cross bars further back. Search this site, there have been some good suggestions on our to reduce the noise. Some say to wrap your first bar in neoprene.. I have the same problem. The technique I use is called "turn up your radio volume"..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112