Why is the engine "sputtering?"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

got2ggg

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Disco II with 43k miles. While driving I noticed the engine starting to sputter. It feels like a mistimed engine. I am able to drive it but with a slight jerking feel to it. Also the service engine turned on. Any thoughts? thanks in advance!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First when was your last tune up? What was changed? What kind of spark plugs are you using?

What type of fuel do you use?

If I were to just guess I was say a dirty MAF sensor, but I would also need to know the codes from the check engine...

limit35

Reaction score
If you haven't lately change your plugs and wires, I was blown away on the difference on our Disco. I haven't read up on the timing system on the Disco but it must be very sensitive. If my Landcruiser drove like my wife's car did when I was in it last week I would have thought my valves were shot! Took it off road and uphill - and the power difference was substantial.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635