Wife wants to use my Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So fellas I have been faced with a bit of an issue. At the end of this month I have to go to Trinidad for business and my wife has confronted me about her being able to use my LR3 while I am away. Honestly I was somewhat suprised she asked. I responded with " you don't speak its language and if it asked for help you wouldn't know what to do". So those of you who are married might imagine how she responded. Is it just me or have any of you felt the same over your beloved Land Rovers.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I know I don't have an LR3, but when I am away My wife has driven my Disco several times one of which the battery went dead...

Just like any other vehicle, she calls me and complains about what is happening so I walk her through the issue....

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell her that the mat configuration ratio to the throttle and brake is not conducive to female shoe sizes and therefore, may cause scuff marks onto her shoes. That should scare her...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention... I even let my wife drive my Rover in the woods and she likes it.

DSC_0239.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do what I did....I wrote out "start up and shut-down protocols" for my wife. They were 3 large sticky-notes long.

I just wanted to make sure she let the system check finish, warmed up the engine a bit, put the parking brake on before putting it in park...and didn't park next to any Dodge Chargers.

...It just sort of ran amuck from there.

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just accidentally take your keys with you (both sets)

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
haha...tell her she has to take your tutorial class and pass your test with a minimum 80% score...

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yo still want to be married to her when you come home? Buy her a RRS.

I had a '71 911 Targa that I spent almost three years restoring. I would frequently leave it parked in the garage with the top "engaged" but not latched down. My wife decided to drive it one day to pick up the kids from school. Of course, she never noticed the two inch gap between the top of the windshield and the targa top header rail. You can image what happed when she got to about 45 mph. I drove it one more time to a charity auction. My wife no longer asks to drive my car.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwLR3 how did you react to this particular situation? My wife and I have only been married for two years and we are only 27. One reason I became an engineer was so I could have the cars I always wanted. Is it wrong to be protective of your cars? She doesn't take the greatest care of hers and thats one reason I won't get her a rover. Can you blame me?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4