Winch install in bumper? custom?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4LANDMARK

Reaction score
Hello guys,

So I'm interested in getting a winch for the LR4.
But id like the set up to be clean, I've seen some LRs and RR's with winches built into their bumpers(please see pics)

I know some, actually got a custom off road bumper.

i want to go for the option where the winch gets installed behind the stock bumper and a slit is made in the stock bumper? Any suggestions? is this possible?

Please see pics

Attachments

• kp99525g.jpg
    kp99525g.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 56
  • s_700_500_szod6f.jpg
    s_700_500_szod6f.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 81

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely possible, as the LR4 is nearly the same as the LR3 as far as clearances behind the bumper are concerned. There is actually a recent thread on ExPo of someone installing a hidden winch behind a stock LR4 bumper, it's very well documented and a good point of reference should you wish to DIY: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/159115-LR4-Hidden-Winch-HF-DIY-Install

You may need to be an ExPo member to see photos in that thread, not sure.

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Umberto, that's my thread I started on ExPo. I would say with the hidden winch, it's all dependent on how much you want to spend. There are a few companies that make winch plates for the LR3/4 for around $600-$1000, plus the price of the winch. Or you can go the route I took and just make something of your own in a way for a lot cheaper.

I can throw up some pictures on here if you can't see the pics on the thread Umberto posted, just let me know.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Umberto, that's my thread I started on ExPo. I would say with the hidden winch, it's all dependent on how much you want to spend. There are a few companies that make winch plates for the LR3/4 for around $600-$1000, plus the price of the winch. Or you can go the route I took and just make something of your own in a way for a lot cheaper.

I can throw up some pictures on here if you can't see the pics on the thread Umberto posted, just let me know.

Have you noticed any difference in engine temps after the install?

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it sits very low and doesn't block much of the radiator.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bearmach make a nice kit for a reasonable price.
From what I can tell any LR3 mounts will fit the LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM