Windshield or Wind Screen Has a Haze To It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, bought a used 2005 LR3 HSE a few weeks ago. Love the LR3. My question is, the windshield always has a hazy unclean look to it. I've washed the truck multiple times, and I don't see any chemical residue on the windshield from the previous owner. I cleaned it thoroughly today with a product for cleaning car windows that I picked up at the local Walmart and it still has the haze. It's not bad, I would just like to see it a little cleaner. Is this something common with the LR windshields. I know they are not the typical auto windshield.

PS: Before I get any witty replies, yes, I cleaned both the inside and outside of the window to no avail.

Thanks guys.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The haze isn't the wires in the windshield is it? They heat it, very useful in the winter in sub-freezing temps.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try washing it with white vinegar and a sheet of newspaper....seriously.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Basically, the two pieces of glass that are meshed together around the heating element are starting to delaminate and mmoisture has gotten in. Land Rover will replace the windshield if you are under warranty. If not, then hopefully you have a glass replacement plan on your insurance policy. I had this issue for about 6 months before I addressed it. I too thought it was a cleaning issue, but finally took it in. It will continue to get worse over time.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear what the outcome is voltaire1102, please check back in & let us know!

Also, could the issue be from a bit of sand blasting? My guess is that its probably not based on your description, but I've got an older car that has a bunch of really fine pitting from sand on the road & it kind of has a hazy look to it.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned it with the white vinegar that was suggested and it did the trick. My guess was that the previous owner put something on the window (probably a rain x type product) and never cleaned it very well. Thanks for all the help. I really enjoy the forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112