winter tires recommended?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vacwm

Reaction score
guys, by now you know that i am picking my first rover ever in few day!!!
excited, yea for sure, but there is a lot i have to think about in preparation for this move.

what winter tires do you recommend?
i have 2006 LR3 HSE.
OEM is 255/55/19

I am looking for something reasonable, good value for the money, it does not have to the best of the best.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats on the purchase. BFG TA/KO not cheap but a great all around tire.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into the nokian vativa's great price and all around great four season tires or you could look at their winter tires. I just think they are way better than any I've used.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nokian's are the bomb! Expensive, but unstoppable.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of Nokian all season tires has Snowflake emblem, which means, they are suitable for extreme winter , not to mention they winter line.Quiet , good quality rubber for those who spend most of there time on pavement .

vacwm

Reaction score
thanks guys i will check them out.
\do you guys use the same wheels or do you buy steelies for winter?

vacwm

Reaction score
Z SUV 255/55 R19 111W
Nokian/ZSUV.jpg

* XL (Extra Load)
* Stock Level: 8
* Summer tiresSummer tires
* UTQG: 400-A-A
* manufacturers part number (sku): T427709
* Speedindex W: the tire's speed capacity is up to 168 mph/270 km/h !
* We only supply the tire. If there is a rim shown in the picture, it is for display purposes only.

is this the one????

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had steals on it as the alloys hold up just fine but if you take them to the wrong person to mount they will leak. I just hate it when ya get new tires and they loose 10lb's or more a week and the service mngr blames it on alloy wheels. I've only got one place that has done it right. But I've been impressed with the of wheels lots of salt on michigan roads and they look brand new at fourteen years old.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YEs it is one of their recommended winter tires.You can also look for nokian WR G2,it is all season tire with a SNOWFLAKE symbol as well and if you only have one set of rims,this would bi a tire to look at so you don't have to change them every season their wearing index is 500 A A .Pretty good for all season,also load index is 111 XL.Another company to look at is VREDESTEIN . EXCELLENT PRODUCTS.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635