winter tires recommended?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact they are available in this size and a many others.Check tiresbyweb.com

mbc

Reaction score
does anybody have real world comparison of WRG2 vs Synchrones?

I, like toddjb upgraded to synchrones a few years back. at the time Nokians were not available in 255/55/19. I'm thinking about going for the WRG2, but curious as to how much better they will be over the synchrones. The synchrones are great normal road tires, but only so-so in the snow.....

Thanks for the opinion and the discussion that followed.
Yes, I hated my original GYs, but have been very happy with my Synchrones.

Was wondering how the Nokians would improve further on things.

You did confuse me a bit in your reply as you started off by saying the Nokian focuses specially on producing tires for specific seasons, and then you pointed out that their winter tire could work for us as an all season tire. Why is that? Why wouldn't I buy a Nokian all season tire instead of a winter tire. Guess the confusion is on "all season" vs. "all weather."

Just wondering if it'll wear different. I want a nice tread, but I also live in Maryland and our winters are rather mild. Most of my driving is on hot roads in the summer. Am I going to wear down a cold weather tire which may be softer if I'm driving it 80% of the time in non-winter conditions?

Anyway, good stuff. I suspect the wear rating is directly related to the hardness of the rubber. Soft tires grip good, but wear quickly. Hard tires last long, but may not grip as well....which they probably make up for in tread design. I've heard the Pirelli tires for our truck are nice, but wear quickly. The Michelins last longer. You seem to think the Nokains will last longer still!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned 2 sets of BFG MT's, love them but would never consider the AT's by BFG, they are very slippery on any wet surface, mud, snow, rain and ice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635