Wiring Roof Rack Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got the Rover Racks full length roof rack and am trying to wire 4 Hella 4000's I'm just a little stuck finding a good place to run the wires through the firewall and where to put the switches. Any pictures or words of experience would be appreciated

phurley

Reaction score
Wiring to switch through firewall.... http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic22532.html

Some - including me - have wired the rack lights to the switch that comes in the LR driving lamp kit...
drivinglampswitch.jpg

There's also space on the headlamp switch & surrounding fascia...
rackswitchoption4.jpg

lightswitchoption3.jpg

The two main options for wiring from the relay(s) to the lamps is either up behind the A-pillar trim and under the rack channel to wherever you're trying to go
- or -
out the rear lamp cluster and out the roof
racklightswiringrear.jpg

phurley

Reaction score
Just so you know...

I did reply to this thread but its waiting for moderator approval :rolleyes:

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha appreciate it i figured it out on my own and will post photos as soon as the rovers out of the shop (damn air suspension) i'll post install photos

Noah

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randall,

Please do post the install photos. I would like to add lights to my roof rack but it looks like a heck of a job to do. I would be interested in seeing how you did it. if that doesn't work maybe I can get the dealer to do it. By the way, which Hella 4000's did you get. The pencil beams or the other (I think they are called something european)? I am not sure which would be the best on the roof rack.

Trevor

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have two 8in. hella 4000's the outside two being cornering beams and the inside pencil however i think i'm going to another set of cornering or maybe bloods and move the pencils down the brush bar

phurley

Reaction score
Please post photos of your Hella 4000s on your roof rack. I think it would be the first Hella 4000s roof rack picture on a D3/LR3 site...

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have two 8in. hella 4000's the outside two being cornering beams and the inside pencil however i think i'm going to another set of cornering or maybe bloods and move the pencils down the brush bar

I guess that combination would give you the best lighting conditions. That is what I was thinking about doing if I install them. I really want to do it but I am not patient enough to do that kind of stuff myself and I am not sure if my dealer will do this type of work. I am taking the truck in again next week four the fourth time in six weeks to get the rattle in the sunroof fixed (it is driving my crazy). I will ask them then if they can do it for me.

Thanks,
Trevor

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9