"Wish I had.." Rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's Nathan again. Today I brought my LR3 in for a quick oil/filter change, cabin filter change, and air filter change. I didn't bring it to my local Land Rover dealership(Bluff City) because my LR3 is no longer under warranty. I took it to a European specialty shop instead. I regret this only because they labor for 1 1/2 hours was $105 on top of them charging me $50 for the cabin filter and $45 for the air filter. The oil filter was another $22. I found all of these Land Rover OEM parts much much cheaper online.

Something to think about before you choose to take your LR in for service.. Look around for cheaper prices online. Cost me $380 for what was supposed to be a simple oil change, etc..

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of warranty, I've never paid more than $40 for an oil change and $15 for an air filter....DIY! :D

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing general maintenance on it from now on. 8 quarts of Mobil Synthetic, OEM Filter, cabin filter, air filter all under $70. I'm trying to find the website I was at the other night before I took my truck in for service that had all the parts. Pre-ordering for next time.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Share the link when you find it! Heck, air filters are the easiest things to replace, no point paying anyone for those...

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way you can get 8qts Mobil 1 Synthetic + OEM filter + cabin filter + air filter for $70 for all of it.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I can and did this morning for my next service which will be done by me.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$12 for the oil filter, $15 for the cabin filter, $20 for the air filter, and $30 for the oil. Ebay works miracles.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bought 8 quarts of Mobil 1 Synthetic for a total of $30? That is only $3.75 per quart. That is unheard of for Mobil 1 Synthetic. I can't find it on ebay. I do see $30 for a 6 quarts plus $18 shipping. . .of a non LR approved mix. Still not the $30 deal you found. Can you send the link.

$20 for the LR OEM air filter is a steal. I'd love to get in on that. Again however, I can't find it on ebay. Are you sure it is OEM? Can you send that link also.

The other items are not OEM and the prices seem pretty typcial. Please send those links as I would love to stock up today.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. I ordered the OEM filter from Expedition Exchange. I was able to snag a crate of oil from Craigslist in the Memphis area. After further research I found other deals on Atlantic British and AutoParts Warehouse.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis