Would you buy another one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpxr400

Reaction score
My wife is eyeing the LR3 pretty good, and I'm trying to steer her away - because I've heard of reliability issues.

I've read the problems forum - there are a lot of complaints and issues, but as we all know, people complain loud about their problems, but are much more quiet when they're happy, unless asked.

So - I'm asking...Would you buy another one?

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely would by another, or perhaps an LR4 if the price was right. The only thing that would be nice to improve on is the gas mileage, but I'm finding it a very small price to pay in terms of overall ownership...

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radio and system light

The battery went dead in my 2005 LR3 and ever since put a new battery in, the radio didn't work and when you start the vehicle and it does a system check it says transmission fault. Is there a radio code that I need to enter?

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would in a heartbeat

I have a 2005 HSE. I love it. It has been relatively trouble free... more so than any other car I've owned actually. I had the problem with a parking brake that was not the car's fault, but the dealer misadjusting it, and i had a water leak from the front a-pillar area/sunroof area, which was easily fixed. This truck has been much better and more reliable than my 2003 Discovery SE and my wifes 2006 Audi A6.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good extended warranty plan from a company?

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definately buy another one. I would argue that this car is no more unreliable than a fully loaded bimmer, Mercedes or Lexus. The fact is that no matter what brand you buy, cutting edge technology has its bugs. The Lincolns, BMWs and Audis that we have owned have all had similar shop time. If you want a truely reliable truck, stick to roll up windows, cloth seats and the most basic suspension and dashboard you can find :)

I just was quoted $2,700 on the Ford ESP. It gives you 48,000 miles and 4 years. You have to buy it before you are out of warranty. If you have an extended warranty (certified) you can add it at 59,999mi.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just be sure to save some dough for buying extended warranties that are bumper to bumper....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4