Wow I got screwed....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchase

Reaction score
I need advice... I took my 2006 LR3 in for a check engine light in which I had ran the fault code (P2138). They told me it was a purge valve and a sensor... When I asked the forums what the fault code was plenty of people told me it was a problem with the drive by the wire system or something with the gas pedal... Also my right rear was sagging on the LR3 and they told me it was a sensor as well. I had them do all the work as well as the 60k service...

About $1,300.00 later I dive about 30 min and my check engine light comes back on. So I call them and they obviously tell me to bring it back in, which I do after I stop by a jiffy lube and have the P2138 fault code detected again. The next day they tell me how they have been diagnosing the problem "ALL" day long and now know (after the help of almost all the top mechanics) that I need a new gas pedal which is about $380.00 installed. Obviously I called them out on the fact that the fault code was exactly the same and even showed them the two papers with the old date and the new date both showing the P2138 fault.... They swore up and down that it was a new fault code and basically looking me in the eye telling me I was wrong and that the old code they pulled was not P2138 and this gas pedal thing was all new.... Oh and the kicker, my car is still sagging in the right rear... So basically my question is what now...

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sagging in the right rear is likely just a calibration issue with the EAS Sensor. As for the other fault. The code scanner that Jiffy lube has doesn't tell the whole story only a small part. The scanners the dealers use give more information and could possibly have mislead there diagnosis. Now I am not trying to give an excuse, since you went in for two issues and neither were resolved I would have some serious trust/confidence issues with that dealer..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM