OBDII codes from: 00 Disco II...Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mge_1

Took it to Advance Auto this morning and had the codes scanned.

Now the reason why I brought it in to get it scanned because the "Service Engine Light" came on. No flashing just straight up turned on.

I did notice our Disco (80K miles) is struggling and hesitating when I am around 60-70mph on the highway on a uphill. Other than that everything else seems to be ok.

Here are the results.

P0734: Gear Ratio 4 Incorrect
P0733: Gear Ratio 3 Incorrect
P1175: Manufacturer Contrl. Fuel Air Metering
P0172: Manufacturer Contrl. Fuel Air Metering
P0174: System Too Lean (Bank 2)
P0171: System Too Lean (Bank 1)

I had them erased the codes and the "Service Engine Light" is now gone. But I am sure the problem is not fixed and would like to get some feedback so I can get it resolved soon.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Marc E.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is time to buy some O2 sensors... and clean the MAF

M

mge_1

joey said:
Sounds like it is time to buy some O2 sensors... and clean the MAF

Joey,

How many 02 sensors are in my 00 Disco II? And how do I clean the MAF?

Sorry for the newbie questions. But any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Marc E.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You have 4 O2 sensors... buy them online I recommend www.discountbritishparts.com

Cleaning the MAF (i.e. the Mass Air Flow sensor) Buy some non-residue contact cleaner.

Remove the MAF (this is the boxey looking thing after the air cleaner and before the intake) once you remove it, spray the contact cleaner generously into the MAF, then let it dry for 15 minutes or so... it should dry ASAP, but just to make sure no puddles of cleaner are in there. Then reinstall.

Hope this helps.

M

mge_1

i went ahead and cleaned the maf with some contact cleaner. we'll see how she rides this week. i'll let you know. thanks.

M

mge_1

rides alot better after i cleaned the maf. i'll to a better job on it this weekend. and maybe do a seafom treatment in the intake mani while i am at it. thanks.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still get the OBDII codes?

I got the same codes and I just replaced the MAF ($175 from West Cost Rovers) and reset the codes at AutoZone. No prob for now.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would the MAF part affect the gear ratios and all that? Would anyone know what exactly this MAF does other than been expensive and unreliable?

M

mge_1

i have no clue but after i cleaned it with contact cleaner i am not having the uphill problems that i was having before. seems to shift and drive fine now. hope it stays that way. codes are gone for the tranny part.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
On the LR, the MAF sensor effects a lot of things via the ECU. You have got to love the way they are engineered.

Expensive and Unreliable? Hmmm I personally have only seen 2 go bad and that was do to emersion in water. The rest just needed a good cleaning or adjusting where the filiment is touched.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak