Will LR3 accessories fit an LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I'm not in the market to buy one just yet, but we can all dream and plan accordingly, right?

Since it seems that the aftermarket accessories add little or nothing to your trade-in/re-sale costs, I was wondering if the more durable things like LR Roof Rack Bars and the Hitch receiver can be moved over to an LR4?

Did they keep the same designs for the rack mounts and hitch?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 2 items will fit.
Roof items stay the same.
Interior items are different, except for mats.
Exterior guards and other exterior 'bling' are different, except for mudflaps. Note: all front mudflaps are the same, rears change due to moulding changes in 2009, so 2009 flaps interchange, 2005-2008 do not. We made that mistake already.
edit--->Side steps and Protection Tubes are listed as the same.
IMPORTANT - tow harness is different. It will physically plug in, and looks identical, but the pin amounts and configuration is different in the connectors.

That's the basics.

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. When/if I sell or trade-in. I'll save those two items. Might as well recycle that $375 piece of steel anyway!

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, the seats are diferent in the lr4 also aren't they?(for covers). They just updated the website(finally) and have accessories listed for both LR3 -4 together...

Are the LR accessories the way to go or do third party companies have better items?

thansk

john

Last edited:

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I inspected an LR4 at my last dealer visit for this reason too. Here is what I noticed.
Will not fit on LR4:
-Second Battery: not going to fit. There is some type of control box mounted in there now.
-On board air: I have mine mounted in front of the secondary battery box now. It will not fit in that location as it is also filled with more engine parts now.

Possible fitment on LR4:
-Sliders seem to have same available mount points so should be good there
-Hidden winch should fit as mount points seem to still be in same location and accessible

I'm sure there is more but that was the major items for me.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, the seats are diferent in the lr4 also aren't they?(for covers). They just updated the website(finally) and have accessories listed for both LR3 -4 together...

Are the LR accessories the way to go or do third party companies have better items?

thansk

john
The seat covers have different numbers listed for LR3 and LR4. I don't think the corporate--> retail guys have translated this out to the website yet. Thsi whole business of somethings fit, some don't is going to make my job a little more exciting. I am a Dealership Employ, so I wil lbe juggling this for a long time, and even with the Kit bulletin, it is a little hazy sometimes.

That said, which are better, factory or aftermarket? Of course I am biased toward my own product, but honestly for the most part, I can say the factory items have a better fit and finish to the vehicle. Pricing is usually the big issue. For that, shopping around can pay off. For us, if I have a verified price for the same item somewhere else, I will endevor to meet that price. It is just how the market is working.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Yeah, it is a bit confusing right now. I do know the cargo barrier and cargo area matt do fit becuase they have been installed already.

lrrb

Reaction score
Does the tow hitch receiver for the LR3 (KNB500080) fit the LR4? This would be easy if Land Rover would just issue the new LR4 accessories catalog. Thanks.

ByGuile

Reaction score
Does the tow hitch receiver for the LR3 (KNB500080) fit the LR4? This would be easy if Land Rover would just issue the new LR4 accessories catalog. Thanks.

Yes it fits. I have this hitch on my 2010 LR4. With the newer hitch the 2x2 receiver is a little higher off the ground, but that is all......

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT - tow harness is different. It will physically plug in, and looks identical, but the pin amounts and configuration is different in the connectors.

QUOTE]

Hi,

I purchased a wire harness for my LR4 and wonder if I got the new version or not. Do you know what the part numbers are?

Thanks,

Rob

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM