03 F-lander-upper brake lights inop. 3rd and lowers ok hlp plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andover

Reaction score
The last few weeks I have found the rear brake lights (the ones mounted in the body) are not working sometimes. The 3rd brake light and the lower bumper lights are however. I have replaced the brake light bulbs, and assume the switch is not an issue because the others are functioning when the pedal is depressed. When they are not working, there is no power to the socket. While replacing the bulbs, (with pedal depressed) they suddenly worked and I thought that was it, but when I shut the rear door, they went out, and as of now they do not work period. My car does not have trailer light wiring.
Any tips would be appreciated.

joehammer

Reaction score
I am having the same problem how was this issue resolved for you?

zhucelun789

Reaction score
The 3rd brake light and the lower bumper lights are however. I have replaced the brake light bulbs, and assume the switch is not an issue because the others are functioning when the pedal is depressed. When they are not working, there is no power to the socket. While replacing the bulbs, (with pedal depressed) they suddenly worked and I thought that was it, but when I shut the rear door, they went out, and as of now they do not work period. My car does not have trailer light wiring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM