2007 LR3 HSE maint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAJOD

Reaction score
The dealer offered a warranty of 24000 miles or 2 years

$3,700 - for power train motor trans differentials
$ 5,700 - for steering air electric added

Im thinking im only paying 21 k for a 2007 lr3 hse w. new parts and thats like
1/4 cost of the car. Im thinking just risk it and pay if it breaks.

Am i wrong?

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was well maintained. The only common, major repair that I don't see on the list is the trans connector sleeve.

Invest a little in the maintenance that has been discussed here, and should be a good truck.

Most of the bigger common problems that these have are under or right about $1,000, so it would take 6 of those to cover the warranty in your case. That does not include maintenance, such as the tune up, fluid changes, brakes or tires, but you get that with every car, and none of it would be covered by the warranty anyways.

RAJOD

Reaction score
Thanks again Dave,

Trans connector sleeve hmm. Is that just a part that breaks or do i do something before it does.

Picking it up on Friday.

I took one more look at some mountainers, explorers and well they seemed cheaply made all away round. Like home depot mower vs a Kabota.

Last edited:

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sleeve leaks trans fluid. Located at the rear of the transmission, RH side, about four inches up from the corner of the black plastic pan, where the wires go into the trans.

Part itself is very cheap, ~ $20, but a good amount of labor, as the pan needs to be dropped, and wasn't designed in a way where it can be dropped.

But again, not too terrible of a repair, you're looking under a grand, at my shop at least, for it to be taken care of, which includes installing a new ~$300 pan/filter.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Dave,

Trans connector sleeve hmm. Is that just a part that breaks or do i do something before it does.

Picking it up on Friday.

I took one more look at some mountainers, explorers and well they seemed cheaply made all away round. Like home depot mower vs a Kabota.

Shop around. there are much better warranty prices out their. the dealer usually has the highest price. Try ESP Ford, Zeigler Ford in FL. sounds weird but have had a few claims through them with no issues

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo