2007 LR3 Tail Light-Brake Light Bulb Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Rover

Reaction score
Is it me or is it harder than Chinese arithmetic to replace a brakelight/taillight bulb on an LR3?

Does anyone know how to do this? It's not in the owner's manual......thx. :bandit:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
open tail gait, remove screws holding tail light, remove tail tight, replace bulb. additionally you may have to unscrew tail light guard if equipped.

The Rover

Reaction score
open tail gait, remove screws holding tail light, remove tail tight, replace bulb. additionally you may have to unscrew tail light guard if equipped.

i tried that........it won't come off. :mad:
second, the whole assembly to replace a lamp......? Interesting.......I'll keep trying (until i break something). :confused:
thanks.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to pull on the outer edge of the tailight housing-it snaps into the body. The entire light assembly swings out so you have access to the bulbs. It's very easy to do-once you get it.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It pulls out as a module - straight backwards - give it a side to side wobble, and make sure the flange, where the 2 screws were, has cleared the rubber seal around the tailgate.

I does come out in the end!

The Rover

Reaction score
It pulls out as a module - straight backwards - give it a side to side wobble, and make sure the flange, where the 2 screws were, has cleared the rubber seal around the tailgate.

I does come out in the end!

holy crap - i'm an ass!!!!! i was afraid i would break something. HOWEVER, boy was i wonrg and boy is this the easiest bulb replacement - EVER.

thanks boys..........

Viper17

Reaction score
I found the tail light housing extreeeeeeeemely difficult to pull-out (2006 LR3 HSE). And, yes, it pops out straight backwards. The housing is held by two spearheaded type clips that will eventually release when enough force is applied. These two clips are located towards the top and bottom of the housing (i.e. on the opposite side of where the two screws are located).

I couldn't pull it out by hand. There is just no good place to grip the assembly while pulling straight backwards. So, I ended up prying it out using a thin piece of scrap plywood about 1/8" thick (4" x 4"). The plywood provided a much larger surface area compared with using a large flat bladed screwdriver which might break the plastic housing or dent the sheet metal.

bradleydeyoung

Reaction score
LR3 Tail light Brake Light Removal Idea

Thanks for info- I too was afraid I would break something. My suggestion, as the assembly didn't easily pop out- I used a folded piece of thick cardboard between the outside of tail light and body. I wedged it in gently and it allowed uniform pressure to pop it out with no damage. spent the time to enter this as I really appreciate others who have helped me get through some repairs in past.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it gets colder outside, these get harder to remove. I usually just pull the screws, and have enough grip with my palm to pop it out(good amount of practice, I've removed well into triple digits of these), but when it is near freezing, the plastic securing holes hold onto the clips a lot tighter, and I tend to have to take the walk of shame back to my box for a tool.

sprale

Reaction score
By far the easiest bulb replacement I've ever done on a car. I was nervous to pull too hard until seeing how it mounted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99