2016 RR Sport Reliability - good idea to buy used ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p_f_m

Reaction score
Hi,
I am researching Range Rover Sport models with 3rd row seat as I am very interested in purchasing a used one, possibly 2016 or 2017 year model. The only thing stopping me is the reliability rating.
In order to make a good judgement I wanted to ask actual owners and possibly auto technicians that may be here who work on these cars. How is your ownership/repair experience ? Do you take your car to the shop for repairs very often ? If you are a tech do you see these cars in your shop more often than average ?
And what kind of issues ? Are these frequent minor annoyances ? Or major repairs with big bills ?
Your comments and feedback will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Brandondfortson

Reaction score
I currently have a 2015 RRS with 30,000 miles. This is the second RRS I have owned (prior was a 2012 and I drove it up to 100,000 miles). I will say that I had to replace the air suspension compressor within 3 months of ownership. Luckily I added a $6k extended warranty when I bought it, which covered the repair. The warranty has now almost paid for itself. I love Land Rover for the way the vehicles drive which is worth it for me, if you do purchase one I highly recommend adding a warranty!! I don’t have issues often but when I do they are expensive repairs and you will be happy you purchased a warranty. I hope this helps in your decision and does not scare you off, they are amazing driving cars or I wouldn’t have bought a second!!

ItalGerBrit

Reaction score
I do not have a Range/Land Rover but occasionally consider getting one except for the horrendous reputation for problems. I have a friend that is a GM of a group of Caddy, Gmc, Chevy dealerships and they will not even consider taking one in for trade in. And the above post on never buy new and get CPO plus extended warranty does not do much to encourage me to buy a potential nightmare. I have never talked to anyone that has one that has not had extensive problems that even the dealerships cannot fix in a timely manner. Surely they cannot be as bad as their reputation suggests. Are they? Is ownership a cult sort of thing so the problems are just accepted.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM