2022 flood 2022 Range rover sport v8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smithm21

Reaction score
for the first time, I purchased a 2022 Range rover sport V8 Dynamic thinking I could find a place to fix it up. I realized I would have to put $$$$ into it. I live in charleston,sc and am looking for someone who is really good with flood vehicles. The range rover got flooded in Philadelphia about 4 months ago when the river overflowed and was on a street next to the river. the water got just above the door in the rear where the window starts. it has never started or even attempted to start. I am willing to ship it to the right place to get it back to working, but here in charlestons, sc, there doesn't seem to be anyone willing or able to take on the work. The electrical is really shot, I'm sure. I know the engine, supercharger, etc are in good shape. Just really needed input on a good place to have bring my range back to life, and 2nd any input on best way to attack this challenge. I realize that I probably entered this without knowing the whole picture (lesson learned). Any input or help would be appreciated from the forum. thx in advance as I love range rovers and would love to get this sport back to working and really need someone good with electrical.

John Robison

Reaction score
As a long time Land Rover service manager, and operating a Bosch Car Service shop that does this kind of work all the time, I would suggest you really reflect on this. I can't tell you how many flood vehicles I have had hauled in here over the years. If the vehicle was flooded to the boundary of the metal rear gate and the glass, it is probably junk. You have water in the engine, transmission, both axles and every electronic module in the car is going to be filled with water and corroded inside. All the power seat and window motors are full of water and even if they work today, they will fail before their time.

The wire harness will have absorbed water and the wires will rot out invisibly inside the insulation over the next couple years.

Can you fix it? Sure, with a deep pocketbook and a lot of knowledge. If that is the level of flooding, I would let the car be recycled for body parts and some mechanical components.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
After helping work on a couple flood vehicles, I agree with John 100%. Reflect on this and decide how much money you want to throw at this Rover. Figure $1000 minimum per Module on average, plus Full engine/trans/diff flushes and wiring harness change, carpet replacement etc. This will be expensive either now or later.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its amazing what water does to a vehicle even if it wasn't started. You would think it would be an easy fix but it's most all electrical replaced. Just said to see a car/truck sitting there looking perfect but it's now junk.

smithm21

Reaction score
Hello All
Thank you so much for the great input, and I realize this will probably be the last time I try something like this with the flood vehicle. At this point, I am really just looking for someone who would take this on as a "project" and I do realize I will have to put $$$$ into this (Hopefully under $25,000). I will say that the engine seems to be good, supercharger is good, transmission is probably something that will have to be worked on, even though the fluid has been swapped, and at this point I have had all the display instruments, and fuse boxes swapped. I am planning on keeping the vehicle for as long as it holds for myself as an extra vehicle. I realize I could "parts" this vehicle back out, but more interested in getting it working and keeping it ..knowing the risk down the road. Thank you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA