3 trips to dealership, still no answers..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azaky

Reaction score
Problem... When I turn I hear grinding. Thought it was the traction control but no faults found. Thinking it might have something to due with the rod mods, because I hear it more in offroad mode while turning..

They can't see any issue? Any ideas? What get stretched by the extended travel that might create a grinding/slipping?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its possible that its just the limit stop on the control arm. All it takes to fix is a dab of grease, takes about 30 seconds to fix it. I saw this about 2 years on Disco3.co.uk. but I don't have time to search it right now.

azaky

Reaction score
Thanks Nathan,

I just regressed the steering stops if thats what you mean, they were dry. Problem still persists. Was thinking cv joints or something with the drivetrain?

Trynian

Reaction score
Try turning DSC off as well and see if it still happens. Once in a while mine acts a little odd after offroad and kicks even on easy turns.

If it is still there I would guess CV joint.

azaky

Reaction score
Turned the dcs off and on and no difference. It was in the dealership to also get the antisway bar bushings replaced and they said that might be the noise...I don't agree.

The cv joint boots are fine, I was thinking wheel bearings?

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much play is in the wheel?

Sounds like it could be bearings.

azaky

Reaction score
There's actually not a lot of play at all, especially not after all the bushings I had replaced.

Do the bearings make a grinding, like the tires are rubbing or the traction control is slipping? I thought bearings sound more like a or something...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak