80 to 75mph noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 is generating strange humming noise from engine (area) when I let go the gas pedal at 80mph. I only hear that until it drops to 75mph. I took it to LR dealer and they said it happens to all LR3s. Is it true or they just don't want to deal with it? Did anybody experience the same thing? - Brian

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm - I haven't noticed that on ours. How pronounced is it? Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention :biggrin:

-Rich

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that loud but loud enough to be noticed when you drive with music off. Hope it's something that goes aways later time. Now I know it happens, it became quite annoying... - Brian

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brian - i have never noticed this on my '05. usually i don't even notice i'm up to 80ish...so i do exactly what you said (let off gas).

i have had random noise at slower speeds which seems to be heat shields...dealership could not recreate.

KyRover

Reaction score
Brian,

Our LR3 does something similar, it has a slight shudder and makes a low noise when slowly accelerating from 70 to 75. I found this over on rangerover.net and it seems to cover our problem and it sounds as if you have the same issue.

No: LTB00010
Issue: 1
Date: 15 Jan 2007

Poor Acceleration from 62 to 75 mph

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
LR3 (LA) (V8 Only) VIN: 5A000360 to 6A413981
Range Rover Sport (LS) (Normally Aspirated Only) VIN: 6A900129 to 6A983116
New Range Rover (LM) (Normally Aspirated Only) VIN: 6A194480 to 6A239035

CONDITION SUMMARY:
SLOW ACCELERATION AFTER CRUISING SPEED
Situation: With the engine at normal operating temperature, a customer may report very slow
acceleration from approximately 62 to 75 mph (100 to 120 kph) after steady cruising. A customer may
also complain about a low frequency cabin boom type noise and vibration when accelerating in this
speed range.
Action: Should a customer express a concern, refer to the Repair Procedure detailed in this bulletin
to re-configure the Engine Control Module (ECM) using the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS).

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A customer may
also complain about a low frequency cabin boom type noise and vibration

Actually, mine only generates noise but not performance degration. And most of all, the dealer didn't do anything but saying "it's normal"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 116

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this was an old post but I have started to notice this noise every day on my 06 with the fact I drive 75-80 mph everyday on the highway. You here it when accelerating or keeping foot on gas in that range but once you let off it goes away. Its a faint high pitch noise that can be heard with music off.

Anyone encounter this?

Trynian

Reaction score
I know this was an old post but I have started to notice this noise every day on my 06 with the fact I drive 75-80 mph everyday on the highway. You here it when accelerating or keeping foot on gas in that range but once you let off it goes away. Its a faint high pitch noise that can be heard with music off.

Anyone encounter this?

Mine has alway had it, but mostly over 80.

san6279

Reaction score
Yep, my '06 also "shudders" when accelerating from ~65mph or so. Believe it is a known issue. You can search for it on this site.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635