92 Range Rover brake bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jholewka

Reaction score
Hello all,
My question is: Do I have to go thru the whole abs bleeding procedure if I only replaced the frt calipers and had all four brake hoses clamped off to prevent fliud drain? I bled the 4 lower bleed screws, then bled the two power bleed screws and the brakes are fine, as before, should I open a can of worms and do the complete procedure? Am, I right in saying that if the fluid is coming out clean and clear of bubbles from power bleeders, then the pump, accum, and power vavles have also be flushed clean? Thanks in advance.
Jim

Lighting90

Reaction score
I am not sure, as when I ever do anything like that, I do a brake fluid change as well. Does the vheicle good to have it changed every now and then

jholewka

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not saying that flushing out the old fluid would be good, it's just the procedure to bleed the entire abs system looks like such a pain, and since there is no air in the system why do it. Plus I've been reading some other forum posts that others are having a really hard time getting the brakes right after the procedure. I look at it like this, the master cly feeds the pump, power vales and accum, and then to the power portion of the calipers. Right? So if the power portion of the calipers is bleeding fresh brake fluid and the brakes are working as should be then it makes sense that the rest of the components got flushed clean too. But then again we are talking about british a vehicle. Anyway thanks for your input, we'll see if we can get a few more.
Jim

D

discomike

Jim,
Make it esay on yourself and just bleed it again in another month or so. Don't do the whole flush process. If you do a full bleed again soon you will have moved enough of the old fluid out to make a big difference.
By doing this the fluids will all mix in the mean time and once you bleed it again you will have clean fluid in the ABS, which is really inportant, and be set.
Mike J.

jholewka

Reaction score
Just bleed the calipers a few more times, fluid looks nice and clean, still has slight orange tint, but the only way to rid that would be to drain and flush everything, and you know that's not gonna happen! I'll give it one more bleed in about a month and that should do it. Thanks for the comments, just wanted to confirm my thoughts. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
regards
Jim
97 disco
92 RR

D

discomike

Jim,
Sounds good, just keep an eye on the color of the brake fluid in the resivor, I use a Q-Tip, dab it in and see how brown or yellow it get and change accordingly.
Good luck,
Mike J.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo